Friday, September 18, 2009

Character

They say scars give you "character". Now both my girls have some great character.
Mollie got her character in May while visiting Grandma & Grandpa D,and poor Madi just got hers yesterday at Grandpa & Grandpa B's.
Can you see the blood highlights in her hair? Poor kids, they were both troopers. I wasn't able to be with Mollie when she had her accident, so while I was in the E.R. with Madi I just couldn't help but think of what my poor mom went through comforting Mollie all the while trying to stay strong herself. I broke down a little, but tried to remain calm for Madi. If it wasn't for my awesome mother in law, I'm pretty sure I would have just fallen apart. Thanks Moms!

10 comments:

Clair said...

Hmmm... I see a trend here. My oldest has a big scar that she earned at her grandparents' house. Hope your little ones are are well on the mend.

Angie said...

Poor little ones. they're bound to get quite a few more though from being kids.

Barb: said...

I did a double take when I saw your blog! Your kids are really growing up! Madi looks a ton like Kodi in her profile. Beautiful kids. How are you doing? Is Brett still looking for jobs?

Megs said...

Poor Madi. She is so cute. I love how big her cheeks are in the last picture.

Unknown said...

Aw, your girls don't BOTH have to be like their Aunt Chelly! J/K, I heard from mom what happened, I hope that Madi is doing okay! Give them all some squeezes from us - Carson found your Christmas picture at Niki's and he remembered everyone :)

Stapletons said...

So great to see an update from your family! I loved the pics of your kids covering their ears during the fireworks!
I have a matching scar just like Madis from when I was a little baby. :)
Good luck with the job hunt!
Sincerely,
KT

Heather said...

You are a tough mom no matter what you think. I get teary-eyed when Spencer has a super sore bum (like last night).

Whitney said...

How sad that both of them got head wounds. I did that when I was two and you can hardly see the scar now!! Only I notice it. We definitely miss you guys! Your kids are getting big so fast. Hope you're doing well :)

Trisha said...

It's those grandmas that will do it to you!
Hey how are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a long time. Do you guys have a job yet?
We need to talk! When are you going to move by me so we can have girls/craft night!!

Katie and Steve said...

So, I'm with Trisha on this. Maybe you should stay away from those grandmas. They're trouble.

I now go to the bus stop every morning and noon by myself. It is not any fun without my instant social group. It seems colder outside somehow. Maybe its the lack of your warm car with Backyardigans and the latest dish. I guess you'll just have to move back, or find us a job by you. You choose.