Monday, August 21, 2006

Emergency Prep, 9 Months & Tobacco Plants?

My post for today has a little bit of everything! First off, I got a new calling at church. Our wonderful bishop has asked me to be the new ward Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, raise your hand if you think I'm the least qualified person for the job!! He also informed me that coming up in the few months we have a HUGE project that I will be in charge of. I guess we will be putting together kits that include everything you will to survive for one month. All the food at least, I don't think we'll be doing toiletries or any personal items. We have a cannery just outside of Detroit where we will be dry-pack canning all of the supplies. Whew! I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it! And don't worry, my calling includes me inheriting the wheat grinder that our ward purchased many years ago, won't my mommy be so proud of me (if I actually use it, that is)!
Next, our little Princess Baby Bear is now NINE MONTHS OLD!!! I can't believe it myself, wasn't it just yesterday that I was all drugged up and numb from the many pain medications I was given to assist me in giving birth to our beautiful (giant) baby girl? She amazes me everyday. She's so funny, too. She can go from laughing and cooing to screaming her head off in no time at all! My life would be so different without my 2 little angels to entertain me. Kody is such a great big brother, if Mollie's crying in her bed he will say "oh no, Mah-nee." And start heading up the stairs to get her. If she falls asleep in her carseat he will put his hands on his cheeks and yell "ga ga ga" which means "Wake up Jeff" in Kodese. Ever seen the Wiggles? If so, you'll understand where that comes from. If not, you're really missing out!
Finally, I was coming back into the house from running the garbage to the dumpster today when our neighbor stopped me and told me that the pretty night-blooming flower that's planted in our front "yard" is in fact a tobacco plant. He then proceeded to pull out all the weeds right there on the spot and tell me what everything else is. What a great neighbor! Now I can plant the flowers we bought this weekend without having to pull out the weeds! Oh, I wonder what we're growing in the back yard? I don't think there's anything else that can be smoked, but there is a strange sort of vegetable looking thing growing on a vine. Hmmm.

No comments: