Wednesday, March 28, 2007

*Gick*

"Mommy, I gick." Says a little voice from the bedroom in the middle of the night. I go in to see what's going on and poor Kody is laying in a pool of -- well, I don't think I have to spell it out for you. Let's just say I was seriously regretting the olives I let him snack on, not to mention the pork chop dinner I made for him. He has been sick with the stomach flu all day and it is so sad to see my energetic little guy laying on the couch with this glazed look in his eyes. The good news is, he has finally mastered the art of using a bowl to catch it, rather than towels - what a big boy he is!Poor Mollie is sad because her playmate isn't very much fun today and she can't go outside. This has been her attitude pretty much all day. Don't you all just want to hop on over to the house o' fun?! Oh, did I mention that Daddy won't be home till late tonight? He has some silly anatomy class that he has to take on Wednesday nights - don't you think he should be over that stuff by now? I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a night like that about a month ago, only it was in my bed, gavin had climbed in with us, on my side. i woke up to the gagging sound and the other sounds that come with throwing up. IT WAS EVERYWHERE!! all over the bed, my pillow, all over gavins head, because he was sleeping when he gushed. we had to get up i think it was around 3am, change the bed, clean the matress, change my pillow and bath him. poor sick kids!!!!

Sarah said...

Ah, he pukes in his own bowl. That's tantamount to the first words. It's so sad when I just have to follow my toddler around as she leaves little pools of throw up around the house when she's sick. I pine for the bowl days.

Emily said...

poor little Kodiak. Even though everything involving the flu is gross and unsanitary...a mother can't help but feel totally gushy and mushy over the child despite the smell. What a good mommy you are!