Friday, February 01, 2008

Tribute

I've been trying to come up with the words to say and searching for that "perfect" picture for a little tribute to President Gordon B. Hinckley, but today I came across this slideshow and figured I couldn't do it any better. Thank you to all those who have posted tributes on their blogs, it's been so nice to hear what everyone has to say about such a great man.

I am so thankful to have had him as the leader of our church for so long. I was on my mission when he became the president of the church and we were lucky enough to have had him come to a regional conference and speak to the congregation just a short time before. When he walked into the arena, everyone stood and started singing "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet" and the spirit was so strong it reconfirmed my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and the knowledge that these men truly are called of God.

As we were listening to General Conference this past October, President Hinckley was speaking and because of the words he was saying I turned to Brett and said, "do you think this is his farewell talk?" I just really felt like he was saying good-bye at that moment, and I'm so glad that we were listening.

We will miss him greatly, but I am so glad that he is now reunited with his wife and others who have gone before!

1 comment:

Lanes said...

Thank you for that post Kim. It's been really great reading people's tributes to this wonderful man. What a great example and inspiration he was!