Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Big Man on Campus

Well, the big day has finally arrived... Kody's first day of preschool! We've been waiting anxiously all summer for this blessed day, and now it has come and gone.His teachers, Marifran (pictured here) and Desiree, are great! I can tell this is going to be a fun class. I have to admit, part of me was looking forward to a few tears (from Kody, not me) and lots of hugs, but as soon as we got to the classroom he was gone in a flash.
You'll notice that some of the pictures are a bit blurry, because I couldn't get him to hold still long enough to focus.
Here is our conversation in the car on the way over:

"Mommy, are you going to talk a long time today?"
"Why, do you want me to just drop you off and leave?"
"Yeah."
"Don't you want me to stay for a little while?"
"Uh-uh.
I got a little choked up, and I might have been the only mom there with a camera but at least he's still too little to be too embarrassed by my overprotectivness!! (is that even a word?)
Mollie was sad that she couldn't stay and go to school too,but she cheered up when we came home and she got to ride her little red trike all afternoon and go for a walk with Mommy! (I only had to bribe her a little.)

6 comments:

amydear said...

Ooh, you are the luckiest! Both J and H had Marifran and Desiree and they are WONDERFUL. Tell them "Hi" from me. That school is great and you're going to love it. Kody is so cute! And, of course, Miss Mollie too.

Clair said...

they only cry when you wish they wouldn't. enjoy your "quieter" time.

Megs said...

Seriously though, are you going to talk a lot??

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

He is getting so big!

Unknown said...

Well, not everyone can have a child like me. I didn't just cry on the first day of school, I cried all the way through first grade. Remember how my teacher would sit me in the back of the room and tell me to get "Person Power"?? Ha ha! I'm glad Kody did great and hope he enjoys school. This is good, cuz then Mollie will be excited to go when it's her turn.

jan said...

He is so lucky to have marifran and desiree. They are so fun. A had them at the old school, but the new one looks like a lot of fun.