Friday, November 28, 2008

Is it Too Late?

Yesterday is over, today's shopping has come and gone (I was very successful I might add) and the kids are nestled all snug in their beds. Is it too late to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving? We had a great day, but it was over waaay too fast.
Brett fried our turkey again this year, with much success. He improved upon last year's bird that was a little extra cripsy. He did 2 and they were both quite yummy (that's saying a lot coming from someone who doesn't love turkey). Brooke returned with Mollie, after spending the week together in Maryland, and then we also had the missionaries, our neighbor from across the courtyard and some good friends from the ward. After the meal was finished, and we'd rested a bit before tearing into the yummy pies and dutch oven apple cobbler (thank you Brett) we all realized that we did not take one picture of the meal or the people involved. Just take my word for it, we witnessed a small miracle with all those people crammed into our tiny apartment. Brooke and I got up super early (like 4:30) this morning to hit the sales and it definitely paid off.

And now.

The moment you've all been waiting for.........



I finally finished the turkey headbands I started for last Thanksgiving!!! I know, aren't you so impressed with my raw talent and lightning speed?! I'm going to go watch a movie with B & B now. Good night!

PS Please excuse the spooky red eyes, I was too lazy to fix it I guess!

6 comments:

Megs said...

The headbands look amazing. The last picture with Madi is so cute.

Ben and Tanya said...

THose are so dang cute!!! The headbands are bad either! :) U R very talented!!!

Heather said...

Lovin' the headbands...especially the fact that they're finally done! One more to go for me...

Sara said...

They look so cute with their headbands! I only finished one...but since Steve didn't want to wear one, it turned out okay. ;)

Lanes said...

Okay Kim, the craftiness is killin' me. I was planning on my excuse for not getting anything done to be that I had 3 kids now. Now what am I supposed to do? :) It all looks so cute and the kids- they are adorable. Tell Brett I'm proud of him for keeping up the domesticity.

marissa said...

I am impressed by Brett's turkey skills. I don't like turkey either. Maybe we'll have to try frying them! The headbands are adorable and your kids are so cute! Now I'll go and get updated on your blog that I haven't been to in a while!