Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nine Dancing Princesses and One Handsome Prince

We had Mollie's birthday party over the weekend and it was fantastic! It was a princess themed party, complete with tu-tu's for everyone. (I don't want to tu-tute my own horn, but they turned out so cute!) We were a little nervous that the party wouldn't happen, because Mollie was quite sick all week with a high fever and absolutely no energy. I took her to the doc on Monday and everything looked great (ears, nose, throat) but she just wasn't getting any better. Finally on Thursday I took her in again and sure enough - double ear infection! The good thing was, we pumped her full of antibiotics and she was good to go for the party on Saturday.Of course, Auntie B came up and made a fabulous princess cake! She even took Mollie home with her for a few days. Check her blog here to see what crazy things have been happening to them.We had so much fun, and as a bonus all the little girls got along perfectly! Kody took a spill and split open his lip, but Dr. Daddy took care of him and he was running around again in no time! We made crowns,played "Kiss the Frog"
and "Duck, Duck, Goose", listened to a cute story,and ended the festivities with cakeand presents. I went a little overboard, making all those tu-tu's plus little purses for goody bags with hairclips inside (and ring pops and candy necklaces). I've been preparing for weeks, and she's only 3! I think I'm gong to have to tone the birthday excitement down a little or I'll go crazy!

PS Did you notice the cute crown Mollie was wearing? I found the pattern and instructions here, it was so easy!

7 comments:

Megs said...

What a fun party. You did a great job with everything. I love the picture of Kody. I seriously want to make a crown. What will I do when I don't live by you when I need craft help?

mama bear said...

We'll just have to have craft day via webcam or something!

Angie said...

They all look so adorable! That cake is awesome too! Wow, way to go. The parties and excitement are only going to get bigger and more expensive from here on out. I'm sure you'll be able to keep up though. You are very creative.

Maren Hansen said...

LOVE the tutus... It so reminds me of all the princess parties where B. Conlin & sometimes Kody where the only princesses around... :) Miss you guys--wish we coulda been there to see all the fluffy-bummed ladies... :)

Liz said...

what a good mom you are. That was a lot of little girls to invite to a party. we've done that before and I think we are going to try to scale down from now on. Oh, and where do I get me an Auntie B? If she needs some more nephews put my on the list!

Janel said...

I have to say what an AWESOME party! Some day when Brooklynn gets old enough I am totally stealing your ideas. I love the tu tu's and the crown. Well done!!!

jan said...

That is so fun, I think you have to do at least one big party while you live there. So cute and fun.