Thursday, April 02, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday today! I think I might actually turn 30 (ahem) this year, I could feel like a 30-year-old. Do I look it? Wait, don't answer that! So far the day started out pretty good. Madi woke up very early, but so far nobody has thrown up. In my book, that makes for a great day! We've had the stomach flu around here the past week or so, and I just knew I'd get it for my special day. So far so good. Maybe my prayers have been answered!
How do you like the fabulous birthday banner I made?! I'd like to say I came up with the idea all on my own, but there was a group of us who did it (and we copied a group before us who copied a group before them) all together. Pretty cute though, right?Kody made me the sweetest birthday card this morning, I just had to show you. I love that he is learning how to spell (Daddy helped him a bit) and write. The picture is some people getting a stream of water on them, and they are trying to get away. Or something like that. You should see all the Jedi knights that he's been drawing lately. If I can get my act together, I might scan some in and show you!

Anyway, I just wanted to publicly wish myself a happy birthday. Feel free to do the same in the comment section below! I mean, after all you only turn 30 once, right? *snicker*

17 comments:

Brooke said...

I personally plan to not reach 30 for quite some time! Anyway, as your most favorite sister-in-law, I am going to perform a song for you (just use your imagination):

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Kiiiimmmmmm!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!

Clair said...

Happy Birthday to someone much older than me! J/K I was thinking last night about how today is your birthday! Hope it is a good day and you feel loved! The Banner is Grrrrrrrrrreat!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Kim, I hope it continues to not be pukey! Love the banner!

Megs said...

You are the most mature 30 year old i know. Happy Birthday. I am so glad you are not feeling sick today. I can't wait to see you this afternoon!

Jase and Britta said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!! Hope your day continues to go well.

marissa said...

I've been thinking of you all day! I hope you have the greatest birthday ever with no throw up!!!! I love your banner. You are so crafty! I miss you. Where are you guys planning on practicing? Has Brett decided on anything yet? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Maren Hansen said...

Wow, you're older than me! I turned 29 for the 5th time this year... :) Love the banner--I want to make one of those sometime just like yours! Happy bday!

Allison said...

Happy birthday! Is Brett making you a rainbow chip cake? I always think of you when I see those! Happy 30th! ;-) You don't look a day over 25!

Emily said...

whatever happened to forever 29? I just turned that number two months ago and plan on staying here for a while!. Happy Birthday Kim!!

amydear said...

Ack! I was supposed to get your your "handmade by me" gift for your birthday, but for some reason I was thinking it was April 19th. Why? Happy Birthday! I hope your day goes way beyond just not puking. I love Kody's card. It's so fun when they can start writing and drawing.

Janel said...

Happy late birthday! I hope your day ended good too. Did you get to go out to eat?

Grow Family said...

Hey! Hope you had a great b-day. I LOVE your birthday banner. Look at how crafty you are! I might have to copy it. I got your e-mail and will write you back as soon as I get a chance. :) Chris

stacey said...

So I hope you had a great day yesterday - and I also wanted to report that your banner, though it looks suspiciously like mine, is 10x cuter than the one I have here. Good work on that! :) Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

hi kim!

happy bday!! =D yes, i say the same in pedo...if no one throws up...it is a good day~ ;D

love reading your blog...can't believe how quickly the kids are growing! kody can write now??? smart!

please say "hi" to brett for me~!

-tiff h.

Angie said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad that you wee feeling well on your birthday. I personally think birthdays are a national holiday so at least you don't have to go to work! Oh, and you don't look a day over 25. You're lovely!

Barb: said...

happy birthday (a little late)! i hope you're doing great!

Natalie said...

Kim, your banner looks great!!! I have mine on my wall right now too. Ellie's B-day just passed and mine is next week. This way I get to admire it little longer. I had so much fun making them with you. I hope your B-day was great and life is treating you well in this your 30th year.