Thursday, May 14, 2009

We'll Pick You Up?


Here's my rant for the day. We are in the Seattle area today, looking at a few practices (and visiting our good friends who just moved) and needed a rental car. I made a reservation with Enterprise because they say in their advertising that they will pick you up. I called this morning to have them come get us and they said "I'm sorry, you are out of our area and won't be able to pick you up." Maybe I should add that we are staying a mere 5 miles away from that particular Enterprise location. And they wouldn't pick us up. He suggested I call another location, which I did, and they didn't have any cars available. Brett calls next and argues for about a half hour with the original location and gets them to call around and find a car for us at a closer location. They call back 15 minutes later and say they weren't able to find anything closer and they will, in fact, pick us up. I couldn't believe it! We decided they need to change their slogan to "Enterprise: we'll pick you up, but only if you are within walking distance."

7 comments:

Powell's Place said...

Pretty sure I'd be ranting and raving too! That's so annoying. I missed Kody in class on Sunday! I'm getting pretty attached to these little kids and will be so sad when half my class moves away!

Lanes said...

that is so annoying! I finally go caught up on your blog, we miss you guys and your little ones are so big! They are adorable. Can' wait to hear what happens with you guys!

Jase and Britta said...

haha, i like your new slogan. hope everything is going well with the practice search!!

amydear said...

Come a little farther south to Oregon! I'm sure they pick you up here. No, I'm not, but I can hope. And that sounds totally lame. 5 miles is not that far.

Emily said...

how is the practice search coming along? You so need to move to Washington cuz that's where we're going and that would be awesome. like totally.

marissa said...

That is good to know!!! I can't believe we are only 3 hours away from you and we don't get to see you! So sad. Good luck!

Angie said...

That's a bummer! But it really does make for a good story!