Monday, June 08, 2009

Dr. Papa Bear DDS, MS

It's over! Brett is finally done with school and we are so proud of him. We had his graduation last Thursday night,
and all 4 of our parents were able to be with us.He and his classmates have been such a tight-knit group, everyone was commenting on how special this year was. I do wish I had been able to spend more time with the class over these past three years, but that's hard to do when you have 3 kids. It will be fun to stay in touch though, and see what life brings to each of these 7 families!

We are now traveling across the country, visiting some of our church historical sites along the way. I feel like a pioneer! Where are we going, you ask? We are headed (if all works out) to Monterey, CA where Brett is going to join a practice as an associate and work up to a partner/buy out situation. They haven't gotten the contract settled yet, so we will most likely stay with his parents in Madera for a week or two until the papers are signed. If it takes longer, we may move on to Utah and stay with my parents for a while as well. Who would have thought, at 30-something, with 3 kids, that I would be moving back in with parents again! Oh well, hopefully it will be a quick transistion and we can be in our own (rented) home by the time Kody starts kindergarten.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, but when I do it will be full of information and pictures. Wish us luck, I hope we survive this trek!

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I hope Monterey works out for you guys! Carmel is my favorite place on Earth!

So wonderful (and incomprehensible for us still) to be truly done with school! So happy for you!

Megs said...

Yeah for Brett!! I hope you are wearing your pioneer bonnet. Good luck on the road. You are always welcome up in Seattle :)

amydear said...

Congrats, you guys! Monterey is so great. I will definitely visit you there. The pictures from your dinner look so nice; I'm glad all of your parents could be there. Keep us updated!

MichiganMarshes said...

Congratulations! It's no so bad crashing your parent's house.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations you guys!! What a huge accomplishment!!! Does your church tour happen to include Palmyra? :) Keep us posted!!!

Maren Hansen said...

Congrats you all on all of your hard work the past few years--wish we were there to celebrate with you! Okay, I'm a little bummed that you'll be a continent away, but who knows, maybe one of us will switch coasts one of these days??... ;)

acte gratuit said...

Ooohh...I'm jealous of Monterey! I hope it does work out then maybe we'll come and join in two years! Every Ortho needs a ped dentist next door to refer patients to him, right?

Congrats Brett!!! That's an awesome accomplishment! Good work!

Good luck you guys! Best wishes from Japan!!!
xoxoxoxo
Em

Lindz said...

If you guys want to stop in St. Louis you are welcome to stay with us! We miss you guys, and wish you all the best. Congratulations!! -L. Jensen

Heather said...

Yea Brett! This may not make you feel any better, but we'll be chillin' with the parents too, so come to Utah and we'll play!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! Congrats to all of you.

-dw

Emily said...

I am sooo happy for you and sooo happy for me cuz then I can come visit you in lovely Monterey!! Hooray!! Okay, enough exclamation points. Way to go brett, you definitely deserve every credit and accolade.

Angie said...

Yay for graduation! WAy to go Brett! Keep us updated on how everything goes!

Barb: said...

Congrats to Brett for graduating! Your plans sound super exciting--I hope it works out with the California practice. And I hope you don't have to stay with your family for as long as we have :). Good luck with your new adventures!

marissa said...

I'm so excited! We'll be neighbors again (kind of) in a year!