Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kindergarten (I only cried a little)

We survived the first week of Kindergarten!
Kody was a little nervous on the first day, but has overcome his fears and absolutely loves his new school!
He has a great teacher, Mrs. R, who has been teaching Kinder for quite a while and just loves these little ones. She is so sweet! Day one was this past Monday, and it was just an hour to help the children get familiarized with the teacher and class. Parents stayed, so you can imagine it was a little crazy.We only live about a half mile from the school, so we have been walking him to and from school.Here he is with the school mascot.This picture is for Grandma B, otherwise known as the Frog Grandma!
Yesterday when I got to the school to pick him up I noticed this red stuff all over his shorts. Mrs. R assured me it wasn't blood, just frosting from the birthday cupcakes that his classmate brought. Seriously folks, who brings cupcakes with RED frosting to a kindergarten class?!? Apparently, Kody had some fun with the red frosting and covered himself from head to toe. In the picture, I had already started to douse the stains with my trusty stain remover (thanks Chel, it works like a dream!) when I decided to take a picture for posterity. So no, that's not blood and pee on his shorts! And would you believe, it all came out!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Cody look so cute and grown up! Who brings red frosting indeed?

Denise Eskelson said...

Way to go Kody! Nice job mom on limiting the tears. My turn's coming up next Monday. Yeah!

Angie said...

Red frosting? Seriously? Who's idea was that???? Must be their first child. That's exciting that he is in kindergarten now. Wow, they grow up so fast! It will be nice for you to only have one child at home now for a few hours I'm sure.

jonutz gang said...

Hey how are things going? Hope well. So happy to see Cody started school. Yeahhh. We miss you so much. Can't see Scott without thinking of you more.

Leslie said...

what a cutie! I was thinking of you guys we just got back from camping up by Christmas.. isn't that where you guys got rained out? miss ya

Bartimaeus said...

I Sam only cries a little!

Don't believe her it was blood.

I like the Yosemite pics. I want to go there again!

amydear said...

You're so cute walking Kody to school. I need to send you some jewelry from my blog pay it forward thing, so email me your current address if you get a minute. I hope he loves school!

Jennifer said...

Hey Brown's!

I can't believe how big Kody is! He'll love kindergarten, I'm sure!

Aaron is in Clovis right now and he was touring Madera as a possible place to open a practice. Small world huh? You'll have to let us know if you're staying or going soon!

Heather said...

Go Kody! Go Kim! By the way, I want the name of your stain remover.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kim for promoting the Chem-Dry brand and also my job security :D Glad it worked for you! I love it too!

I'm glad Kod loves school - hopefully he won't cry through kindy and first grade like I did (poor mom!!).

P.S. Squeek misses his cousins, every now and then he'll get a faraway look and say "Kody? Mollie? Madi?" :) Please tell the kids he says 'hi'.