Friday, July 07, 2006

the Grizzly truth

We have arrived! Okay, a few quick details of our recent move from San Francisco, CA to Ann Arbor, MI:

Yes, grownups can get hand-foot-and-mouth disease! We now know this from experience -- can you believe I actually missed my darling husband's graduation from dental school? Kody and I had it first, thank goodness my parents were there to do almost all of our packing, and then Brett and Mollie had it for the drive.

Don't ever trust movers. Without giving too many boring details, they were late picking our stuff up, late delivering and stole our bounce house! Okay, they say they found the bounce house and it will be coming any day now, but I'm not holding my breath. These guys have been so slimy I feel like I need a shower just writing about them! We were charged way more than they said and there wasn't much we could do about it since they had all our belongings. I guess we've learned our lesson -- if you want something done right you really do have to do it all by yourself!

It's amazing how creative you can be when you need to! Plastic crates and recycling bins make great furniture and you can cook chicken nuggets on tin foil in the oven; these are just a few of the survival skills we learned the week we were waiting for our stuff to arrive.

2 comments:

acte gratuit said...

Yea! SOOOOO cute!!! I miss those teeny tinies! Sammers saw the Kody picture and started crawling towards the computer and talking and gesturing to him. It was so cute and yet so d@mn sad!

acte gratuit said...

P.S. I'm very glad you'll be getting your bounce house back. You'd probably be friendless otherwise...