Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mission Calls, Ice Storms & New Carpet!

Highlights of this past week:
1: Grandma & Grandpa B have finally gotten their mission call! They report to the MTC on June 1, and they will be going to...... (this is where you'd hear a drumroll) Barcelona, Spain!!!
2: We now have carpet on our stairs and it's fabulous! Now our stairs are so quiet the kids don't wake up everytime we go up or down. And doesn't Brett look hunky/handy installing it?3: Winter has finally arrived in Michigan. It's been so cold I don't even like to go outside to get the mail anymore. On Sunday we had this freak "ice storm" that left the trees and everything else covered with a thick layer of ice. Although beautiful, it's very annoying to have to chisel your way through 10 inches of ice just to open the car door! The temperature right now (according to google) is 10 degrees. It's supposed to get up to 27, but I kind of doubt it. Tomorrow it says high of 32. Yippee! I knew it was cold, but I didn't think it was THAT COLD!! I guess I've been blissfully ignorant staying inside all day, thank goodness for heaters. I did have to go out to the grocery store this morning and I had to put Kody in the car through Mollie's door because his was frozen shut. Brrr!Anyone want to come for a visit?

4 comments:

Bartimaeus said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Go Spaniards!!! How long will they be gone?

acte gratuit said...

BRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Your pictures are making me shiver!!!!!
Tell the Senior Bears CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is extremely exciting and we're very happy for them!!!!

Emily said...

Spain!! How exciting is that!! Way cool. Some might even say, "Wicked cool."

Sucks about the ice storm but it does kind of look pretty. You need to come down here and visit us. It's not warm weather but it's no where near 10 degrees. Come, come, come!!!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news about Spain! Yeah for them. Will you guys get to go out and visit ever do you think?

I think I'm liking the weather of the west. I wore flip flops to my doctor appointment on Wed.