Monday, July 28, 2008

Screams in the Night

I have to document the night we 2 nights ago. It started around 2:00am, when Kody came into my room saying that the scary animals were coming to get him. I reassured him that we had locked all the doors and windows so there was no possible way any animals were going to come in the house. Brett took him back to his bed, tucked him in and turned on some lullabies. I had just drifted back to sleep when I heard this scream and there was Kody in my doorway. Of course, I was half asleep so I let out this loud scream and start freaking out which makes him even more upset. He ran faster than I've ever seen him run, over to the bed and jumps in with me. He was shaking and whimpering and I felt so bad! We both got calmed down, I apologized and told him that I was just startled and there was nothing to be afraid of and the I took him back to his room again and tucked him in again. By this point Mollie is awake, laying in her bed so quiet I thought she was sleeping, but she had her hands up over her face and freaked out when I tried to move them. She said she was hiding from the scary animals. They were both up and down a few more times, so by 4:00 I just gave up and they both slept with Brett while I went into Madi's room and slept on the futon. The next day I was so tired and grumpy, and of course the kids woke up early and never took a nap. I hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon.

4 comments:

Megs said...

I kept waiting for you to say that there was actually an animal in there room. So sorry this happened and I hope for better sleep for you tonight. I can't wait to see you. We will be home in less than two weeks!!

acte gratuit said...

So really...did you get the scary animals or not???
Sheesh...what kind of a mom are you, anyway?

Unknown said...

Just get them guns. That reminds me of a Jack Handey thought. "Instead of seeing eye dogs, why not just use guns? That way people will get out of the way. Cars too!" Something like that, I thought it was funny :) Can't wait to come visit next week!! We'll have so much fun!

Angie said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. Night frights? I wonder what happened. I hope it doesn't continue. I'm sorry that you didn't have a very good night. :(