Monday, August 18, 2008

Mischief and Silliness

We're leaving in the morning for a 5-day (if we last that long) camping trip to Pictured Rocks National Park, but I thought I'd leave you with this little gem. While I was upstairs feeding Madi the other day, Mollie comes up and throws out her arms saying "I'm Batman!" and when I looked at her, I saw her costume: she'd taken a sharpie to her arms and face. I hate to admit it, but I yelled a little too loud and sent her to her room while I finished up with the baby. Then I went in to have a little chat. I wanted to take pictures without her thinking I was entertained by the mischief (even though I was) so I told her I was going to send them to Daddy at school and show him what she'd done. Kody had done a little decorating as well, but you'll see that his was not quite as extensive. Have a great week!

11 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Oh my word! That is so funny! I ran into the same sort of problem the other day when my kids flushed and toilet papered their rooms with a 24 pack of toilet paper. I snuck and took a picture, you were wise to tell them you were taking it to show dad! I'll remember that for next time.

Leslie said...

LOL I love when you tell her that she's going to be batman for a very long time and she seems totally fine with that!! like good that's what I was going for mom, none of that washable stuff for me. :)

Brooke said...

That was hysterical! I laughed so hard. Mollie simply wanted to be Batman - makes sense to me. I love how Kody is just like "want a hug mom"?

Megs said...

Oh my gosh. I am laughing out loud. Thanks for saying "you are going to be batman for a really long time" This made my morning!! Have a great camping trip and make sure to call when you get home. I hope to have finished Breaking Dawn by the time you get back.

amydear said...

Well, Mollie makes an adorable Batman, that's for sure! I think you're incredibly brave to take three young children camping. Have fun!

Emily said...

awesome. that's all that is is awesome. I also loved how she was secretly pleased she would be batman for a really long time. And how Kody tries to win over your affections with a cute hug and sorry in your ear. AWE.SOME

Anonymous said...

Love it! That is too cute! You are brave to go camping for that long with such little ones! Good luck.

Sarah Walton said...

too funny Kim. Emily told me about it this morning, and I had to see it for myself! You'll love having this video forever!

Lanes said...

Oh, the Sharpie. Could I love and hate a writing instrument more. That is pretty funny though since it wasn't my kids :) I hope you guys had fun camping! Miss you!

Angie said...

LOL, you can totally tell who the trouble maker in the family is. It was probably her idea and Kody decided to join in in the end. How funny and thanks for sharing! Good luck on your camping trip

Unknown said...

hahahahaha~!! omg, kim, i am SO impressed that you were able to hold a straight face while filming the entire thing! your kids are ADORABLE...even when getting into michief~ ;) how's the baby? please tell brett alex & i say, "hi!" =)