Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just Finished


I just finished the third book in the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini and I feel like a part of me is gone forever. This is what I love about reading: first, you see the book in the library or book store. You think it looks interesting, read the teaser on the jacket and decide to take a chance. You wait a few days to either finish any other book(s) you've been trying to finish or get some things accomplished around the house so you have time to just sit and read. The first few pages may not suck you in right away, but you are interested enough to keep going a little while longer. Before you know it, your house is a mess, the kids are scrounging for food in between the couch cushions and begging for one thing or another yet you don't hear them because you have been transported to Alagaesia, England, Forks Washington or somewhere in Middle Earth. For days, your life is what you are reading and you can hardly focus on anything else. And then you finish the book and fall back into reality. You bathe the kids, feed them, spend time with your husband and do all the things that have been pushed aside. But a part of you remains in the book, waiting for the next installment. I hope the next one comes soon!

PS Anyone who knows me, knows I like to embellish just a tad. My bathroom may not be clean, but the children are clean and fed and entertained (and currently sleeping peacefully in their beds). Please don't send child services just yet!

3 comments:

amydear said...

A young women of mine was reading this the other day. Maybe I'll check out the series! I need a good book in a bad way.

Clair said...

Love this post. Series really do grab you. Sometimes the worst feeling is when the series is completely over! But like you said, I guess it is good to get back to reality. :)

acte gratuit said...

Doug's reading this too. I got it for him for his birthday. I think I'm going to blame the dirty bathrooms on him.