Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Who Takes Care of Mama?

The answer is: Kody does! I was lucky enough to come down with the stomach flu last night (I know, aren't you so happy for me) and was quite sick all day today. Kody and Mollie had the pleasure of watching me throw up in the toilet, which I think could be pretty terrifying for small children. I mean really, mommies aren't supposed to get sick, right? The kids were all sick over the weekend, so I knew this moment was coming. This morning, while I was getting breakfast for the kids and setting them up in front of Nick Jr. (don't judge, I was sick!) I made the comment that I felt like I was going to have to throw up again. Next thing I know, Kody is running into the kitchen and rummaging around for a bowl. He said, "it's okay Mama, I'll get you a bowl." Isn't that the sweetest thing? I really do have great kids! Mollie just played on and around me all afternoon while I snuggled under a blanket on the couch. They both chose their own clothes and got dressed with minimal help from me, and hardly complained when I told them I was too sick to do much today. I should also give a big shout out to Papa Bear, because he took care of Madi all last night while I was sick, she had gotten shots and was very sad and had a hard time sleeping. He wasn't able to stay home and take care of me, but he was able to come home just in time to pick the Kodester up from the bus and clean up the house (I can't believe how much mess can happen when I let the kids do whatever they want!), make dinner, feed the kids and then bathe them and get them in bed. What an awesome husband I have!

Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure.

5 comments:

amydear said...

I'm glad you have a sweet Kody to help out! I think stomach flu is the worst kind of Mom sickness. You just don't want to do anything. Thank goodness for Nick Jr., I say! I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Clair said...

I hope today is a better day. That is sweet of Kody. I love it when the compassionate side comes out of the little ones. Being sick and being a mom just don't mix, do they? Just when you're thoroughly exhasted from taking care of everyone else and washing bedding times 10, mommy usually gets the bug. Glad you had some good caregivers.

Angie said...

You do have really sweet kids. I'm sorry that things weren't going so well for you. Are you feeling better yet at all? How nice of Papa Bear to do all of that too.

annieandken said...

Yeah Kody for taking care of mom! I hope you're feeling better today! Kody seems to be quite the sweety, doesn't he? I really liked the pictures of the cars he organized. How fun! Feel better soon! We haven't had it yet, and I'm just crossing my fingers... :) Let me know if you need a helping hand!

Ben and Tanya said...

You poor thing! I HATE the stomach bug. Just reading your post made me sick to my stomach. It is so hard to take care of kids when you are sick! What a sweet boy to get you a bucket!