Thursday, February 04, 2010

Or - y - gun

I've been keeping a secret, and I'm so sorry! We have been working on a deal to buy a practice in Oregon, and until now I haven't been able to talk about it. Brett had to sign a non-disclosure agreement until we were 100% sure it was going to work out. Also, it's all so surreal I haven't wanted to talk about it just in case something falls through. We have signed the contracts, gotten a bank loan and found a house to rent, so it looks like it's going to happen! Because of privacy issues, I won't give the exact location (feel free to drop me an email to get the details), but it is near Corvallis which I guess makes us Beaver fans instead of Ducks! I tried to get a few pictures up here from the internet, but I'm suffering from a lack of sleep and a killer sore throat so they are a little wonky. Needless to say, we are very excited for this new life adventure and feel like this is where we need to be. After 8 months of partying it up with Brett's parents (thanks Mom & Dad B, you guys are the best!) it is time to spread our wings and get a real life. Wish us luck, and come visit once we're settled in!!!


10 comments:

amydear said...

We just drove up to Portland today and passed by your potential new home and talked about you. So I'm glad to hear this news. You don't have to be Beaver fans. : ) You can be sure we'll be coming to visit! Congrats on the details.

Becky said...

Wow Congrats! I am really happy for you guys!

Clair said...

Very exciting! Congratulations!

Megs said...

Can't wait for you to be so close to me!! This is such great news. Congratulations to both of you.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

How Exciting!!! We were kinda hopin you would be coming to Buffalo. :)

Liz said...

I am so happy for you! I know how it is to live at the in-laws for more time then you had planned. And wow to have a job, I feel so jealous! It looks like we will be in Michigan for one more year due to the lack of jobs out there. Can't wait for more pictures and details!

Trina said...

Exciting for you and your new adventure in life but way sad for us here in California! We are going to miss you guys tons! Keep in touch! I missed your goodbye dessert night the other night. It was Kameron's b-day. Heard it was fun though!

annieandken said...

Congratulations Kim! It is finally real. You guys deserve the best!

Andrea

Amanda Mallett said...

Hooray for Oregon! I grew up in Portland, and wish my parents were still there. It's beautiful! Good luck!

Alison said...

Oregon will be lucky to have you!
And yes... you're a Beaver now. You will bleed orange.