Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Madi Madness

That's what we say around here when Madi goes into destruction mode. When I hear Grandma say "MM Alert!" I know to come running. She is so fast, and goes from one drawer/cupboard/electronic to the next in less time than it takes for me to clean up behind her. I don't know why I was surprised one night last week when she climbed out of her bed and joined me in tucking the other kids into their beds upstairs. It was only later when I went to put her back to bed when I realized just how crazy her acrobatics were. Let me explain:This is Madi's bedroom for the past 8 months. She falls asleep quite well to the gentle hum of the dryer (can we get a noise machine to replace it?) usually. In this picture, you see the open cupboard doors and the open washer. Not only did she climb out of her bed, she climbed up onto the open washer, stood there long enough to pull out the laundry soap scoop (thank goodness she didn't dump the whole box) and a bar of soap and throw them into the washer. Then somehow she shimmied down (without falling into the washer), opened the door and made her escape!
This past Sunday I wasn't fast enough getting in to get her up from a nap and went in to find her like this. Don't you just love that "who, me?" look? I found her in the sink again last night when she was supposed to be sleeping. Oh, and did I mention that she does all this in the pitch darkness of the laundry room?! This little girl is definitely giving me a run for my money, it's a good thing she's so darn cute!

P.S. We now make sure the washer is closed at all times, just in case.

6 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

That is so funny, she is busy!!!

Megs said...

Having known Madi from the beginning, this does not come as a shock to me :) She was always on the move. Great picture in the sink!!

Trisha said...

Maybe she is telling you she wants a big girl bed and room! I can't believe she can do that in the dark!!

Alison said...

Hah! You're right, she IS funny :)
And cute!

Janel said...

That is pretty funny, she has always been busy. I am way impressed she can do all that in the dark.

LOVE the v-day outfits. To dang cute! Your kids are getting so BIG, and madi has so much hair now.

Congrats on the job! I am excited that your posting so much:).

pendant lighting said...

She is so cute!