Monday, May 10, 2010

Couldn't Be Better!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and it was really a great day. I got to sleep in as long as I wanted (until Kody woke me up with cards he made) in my big comfy bed.Brett made a delicious breakfast. The kids all made pictures and cards for me.
Mollie wrote "Mother I love you" all by herself!
Kody's card says "I love my mom because she gives me good birthday." Can you tell what's on his mind?

We went to church, were I got even more cards and some chocolate! As I was coming out of my classes, the kids were right there to surround me with tokens of love they had put together in primary.

When we came home, I got to relax while Brett made a delicious dinner of Asian chicken salad with homemade wontons and my favorite asparagus.


After dinner, I called my mom and wished her a happy Mother's day, we called Brett's mom to do the same, and then he went back in to the kitchen and made dutch oven peach cobbler while I just relaxed and snuggled/wrestled with my babies. I feel so lucky to be the mom of these beautiful children, and the wife of such a loving husband. My life couldn't be better!

4 comments:

amydear said...

Wait! A big comfy bed?? No more futon, huh? That's a great present, just in time for a Mother's Day sleep in. Thanks for the email the other day. I'll write back soon.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, you deserve it!

Alison said...

The only thing that could be better, is if Mother's Day was EVERY DAY!
Can I get an AMEN?

mama bear said...

Amen!!