Tuesday, September 07, 2010

My First 1st Grader

That's right folks, we are the proud parents of a 1st grader!
Of course we had to take the obligatory front door shot, ready for school!
(in my best Chandler voice) Could that backpack be any bigger??The desk shot.
He was super excited for first grade, and I know he will do great! He has several kindergarten friends in his class, as well as some friends from church. His teacher, Mrs. W seems nice too. I don't know why, but I was nervous for him this morning, and when I told him so he said "Mom, you're weak." That's right I am, but I held it together and only misted up a tiny bit!!

8 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

What a handsome little 1st grader!

Alison said...

1st grade is HUGE!
I consider myself a non sentimental mom, and I still welled up with tears looking at them sitting in their desk, knowing they'd be away from me all day.

amydear said...

It all begins . . . First grade is when they start growing faster than you can handle! K makes a cute first grader. I hope he has a great year!

Megs said...

Loved your Chandler impression. Made me laugh this morning. He looks great and I hope it is a fun year for him.

A LDS mother to five busy kids said...

What a cutie Kim!! What teacher did he end up with? :)

Janel said...

I love little first graders (the grade I taught). It is a HUGE year. It seems they learn so much just in that year academically and socially. What a cute kid!!!

We still miss you guys here!!!

Sarah Walton said...

I can't believe how old these kids are getting!! Kody is such a cute little boy. Hope he has a great year in 1st grade!

Heather said...

He's getting so big, I'm so excited for you to have an all-dayer!