Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Baby Time?

Well we are at least in the hospital and have been since 2 am (it is now 11:15). So here is the good news bad news stuff.
Good news - we are in the hospital.
Bad news - we are still in the hospital.
Good news - The epidural finally seems to be working (after 2 babies with unsuccessful epidurals). Bad news - it was really hard and painful to get the epidural placed.
Good news - the epidural seems to be working.
Bad news - the contractions stopped after the epidural was placed.
Good news - they carry pitocin at the hospital.
Bad news - after the pitocin started to bring on the contractions the epidural didn't seem to be working.
Good news - they upped the epidural and the pain went away.
Bad news - Mama Bear got sick.
Good news - they had some medicine to take care of the nausea.
Bad news - the antiemetic knocked her out.
Good news - she can sleep now.
Bad news - she has to wake up to deliver.
Good news - the epidural still seems to be working and she can start pushing as soon as she wakes up.
Good news - the baby is doing great
Good news - the baby won't be born on our anniversary, so Mama Bear doesn't have to share her special day and neither does baby.
Good news - I think I can get out of my craniofacial anomaly final for a little while longer
Good news - they have cable here
Bad news - daytime television stinks
Good news - they have internet here
Bad news - daytime television stinks and they have internet here so I blabber on on Mama Bears blog as she sleeps.

6 comments:

amydear said...

This is great news! Can't wait to hear that she is safely here. Sorry that Mama Bear's had some up and downs. That's the way things go, usually, with babies. Keep us posted.

Megs said...

I am so excited!! Please keep us updated. Let me know if you need anything or help with your kids. I can't wait to hear more. Tell Kim hello and to PUSH :)

Angie said...

I love this post! This is the greatest post ever! I love it when the guys sign on and post, they're always so humorous. We are so excited to hear when she comes and hear all of the details.

Emily said...

WOOOHOOO!!! Go Kim!! Remember Brett, just tell her she's gorgeous, amazing, wonderful, and that she can do it! yea, yeah, I'm so excited to see little miss thang!

acte gratuit said...

HOORAY!!!
Glad the baby is here!!!!!!!!

Maren Hansen said...

Yay, congratulations!!! Bring on the girliness! So excited--wish I could be there to help with the little ones! I got to watch a 2-month old little pudger today, and yes, it made me a tad bit baby hungry. Crazy, aren't I?... Hope your recover well!!!